As supporters of Caritas Australia, SMCM participate in the Project Compassion campaign every year. During this time, the students of SMCM raise money to support those most in need around the world.
This year the theme of Project Compassion is ‘Give Lent 100%’ For each of the four weeks of the program, the students will focus on a different theme and will be asked to bring a gold coin donation on Fridays to participate in some fun activities.
This Friday the students are asked to ‘Dress up as what you want to be in the future‘. There was much excitement and discussion today when this was revealed to the students. It looks like we will have lots of teachers, nurses, doctors, builders and ‘bosses’ joining us at school on Friday! Students will be asked to bring a gold coin donation with them on Friday and all money collected will be donated to Caritas Australia’s Project Compassion.
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact your child’s homeroom teacher.
We thank you for your support in advance!
Caritas Australia are the international aid and development organisation of the Catholic Church in Australia.
- Deliver long-term development programs
- Help people regardless of ethnicity, religion or political beliefs
- Work with the poorest of the poor
- Help people help themselves
Some discussions you could have with your children this week are:
- What do you want to be in the future?
- Why do you want to be that in the future?
- What kinds of things does someone in that job do?
- Who are you raising money for by dressing up?